MSNO Spring Conference: Save the date-April 8, 2017
MSNO Fall Conference:
- Conference Handouts are available on line to view and down load
Scholarships & Awards 2016-2017
- The MSNO School Nurse of the Year 2016-2017 – Lauren McDonald BSN, RN, NCSN
- The MSNO School Nurse Administrator of the Year 2016-2017 – Doreen Crowe M.Ed, BSN, RN
- For more information, contact our Scholarships and Awards Chair, Kathy Hassey at [email protected]
Legislative Advocacy link:
- ALERT! – Public Hearing for BORN’s proposed changes to nursing practice in MA October was held on October 4, 2016 – 244cmr3-00-propandmts
- Public Comments closed on October 11, 2016
- Advocacy Toolkit
- Pending Bills of Concern-updated
- Find Your Legislator
- Bill Search
MSNO Supports Opioid Abuse Prevention Bill
Step Up and Be Counted!
Step Up and Be Counted is a national data project that has been established by the National Association of School Nurses and the National Association of School Nurse Consultants. As of October 11, 2016 MSNO has had 39 school nurses share population based data in order to support this important opportunity for school nurses.
Congratulations to the MA nurses who did step up and included their data to be counted!
MA Chairs are Betty Foster, BSN, RN, NCSN, and Jenny Gormley, MSN, RN, NCSN
MSNO Board Meetings 2016-2017
- MSNO Board Meetings are always open to all members.
- 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Location – Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, 181 Boston Post Rd., Marlborough
- November 14 – Full Board Meeting
- December 12 – Board Social
- January 9, 2017 – Ex Board Conference call
- February 13 – Full Board Meeting
- March 11 – Board Retreat
- April 8 – Spring Conference
- April 11 – Ex Board Conference call
- May 8 – Full Board Meeting
- May 10, 2017 – National School Nurse Day
- June 12 – Full Board Meeting
We are here to advocate for the health of all school children in Massachusetts by advancing the quality school nursing services. We welcome you to join us in this effort, and in promoting the rights, interests and professional growth of our members.
NASN’s updated definition of School Nursing: School nursing, a specialized practice of public health nursing, protects and promotes student health, facilitates normal development, and advances academic success. School nurses, grounded in ethical and evidence-based practice, are the leaders that bridge health care and education, provide care coordination, advocate for quality student-centered care, and collaborate to […]
Top 5 Ways NASN Membership Supports School Nurses