MSNO Spring Conference: Register Here
School Nursing Perspectives 2017: Managing Students with Diabetes
Saturday, April 8, 2017
9 am – 1 pm
The purpose of this conference is to
increase the school nurse’s professional
knowledge and clinical management skills
as it relates to the care of students with
Type I Diabetes.
NASN 2017 Annual Conference: More Info
NESNC 2017 Conference: More Info
It’s not too late to join your New England school nurse colleagues in Portland on May 6 and 7 at early bird prices now extended through February 24.
Reserve your room at the Holiday in by the Bay (Please mention the block of rooms reserved for NESNC)
Scholarships & Awards 2016-2017
- The MSNO School Nurse of the Year 2016-2017 – Lauren McDonald BSN, RN, NCSN
- The MSNO School Nurse Administrator of the Year 2016-2017 – Doreen Crowe M.Ed, BSN, RN
- For more information, contact our Scholarships and Awards Chair, Kathy Hassey at [email protected]
Legislative Advocacy link:
Step Up and Be Counted!
Step Up and Be Counted is a national data project that has been established by the National Association of School Nurses and the National Association of School Nurse Consultants. As of October 11, 2016 MSNO has had 39 school nurses share population based data in order to support this important opportunity for school nurses.
Congratulations to the MA nurses who did step up and included their data to be counted!
MA Chairs are Betty Foster, BSN, RN, NCSN, and Jenny Gormley, MSN, RN, NCSN
MSNO Board Meetings 2016-2017
- MSNO Board Meetings are always open to all members.
- 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Location – Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, 181 Boston Post Rd., Marlborough
- November 14 – Full Board Meeting
- December 12 – Board Social
- January 9, 2017 – Ex Board Conference call
- February 13 – Full Board Meeting
- March 11 – Board Retreat
- April 8 – Spring Conference
- April 11 – Ex Board Conference call
- May 8 – Full Board Meeting
- May 10, 2017 – National School Nurse Day
- June 12 – Full Board Meeting
NASN’s updated definition of School Nursing: School nursing, a specialized practice of public health nursing, protects and promotes student health, facilitates normal development, and advances academic success. School nurses, grounded in ethical and evidence-based practice, are the leaders that bridge health care and education, provide care coordination, advocate for quality student-centered care, and collaborate to […]
Top 5 Ways NASN Membership Supports School Nurses