Save the Date:
MSNO Fall Conference – Supporting Social/Emotional Health and Wellness: Guidelines for School Nurses
- October 15, 2016: Holiday Inn, Marlborough
MSNO Supports Opioid Abuse Prevention Bill
Step Up and Be Counted!
Join the Step Up and Be Counted!, which is a national data project that has been established by the National Association of School Nurses and the National Association of School Nurse Consultants!
As of July 1, 2016 MSNO has had 50 school nurses register to share population based data in order to support this important opportunity for school nurses.
MA Chairs are Betty Foster, BSN, RN, NCSN, and Jenny Gormley, MSN, RN, NCSN
Board Meetings 2016-2017
- MSNO Board Meetings are open to all members.
- 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Locations – to be determined
- September 12 – Full Board Meeting
- October 4 – Full Board Meeting ( Tuesday meeting due to the Monday holiday)
- October 15 – Fall Conference: Supporting Social/Emotional Health and Wellness: Guidelines for School Nurses
- November 14 – Full Board Meeting
- December 12 – Board Social
- January 9, 2017 – Ex Board Conference call
- February 13 – Full Board Meeting
- March 11 – Board Retreat
- April 8 – Spring Conference
- April 11 – Ex Board Conference call
- May 8 – Full Board Meeting
- June 12 – Full Board Meeting
Scholarships and Awards
- Scholarship and Award winners will be announced at MSNO’s Fall Conference on Saturday, October 15, 2016.
- For more information, contact [email protected]
We are here to advocate for the health of all school children in Massachusetts by advancing the quality school nursing services. We welcome you to join us in this effort, and in promoting the rights, interests and professional growth of our members.
Outlook Spring 2016
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Policy Statement calls for a full-time nurse in every school. The full policy statement, Role of the School Nurse in Providing School Health Services, was released on-line and will be printed in the June issue of Pediatrics.